What is therapeutic exercise?
These are systematic and planned focus movements of the body or exercises which can drastically improve and restore functionality to the patient.
- Range of motion exercises, joint stretching, and soft tissue stretching.
- Muscle performance exercises
- Exercises to improve posture
- Balancing and coordinating exercises
- Relaxation exercises
- Breathing and circulation exercise routines
Aims of therapeutic exercise?
- To gain optimal level of symptom free movement during basic to complex activities.
- Restore and improve physical function.
- Prevention of loss of function.
- To Improve overall health, ﬁtness and sense of well-being.
- To stop and reduce disability and impairment.
- Improvement of functional abilities of patients.